Lithium Ion Gigafactory
Proposed Facility At A Glance...
- AUD $320 million cost
- 170,000 sqm under roof, making it potentially the largest under roof structure in the southern hemisphere.
- 690 construction jobs, 220 direct jobs on completion.
- Manufactures 2GWh of energy storage annually, enough to fully support Australia's rapid renewable transition.
- Commercialises next generation battery storage technology as it evolves for the Global Renewable Industry via the International Energy Storage Commercialisation Hub (IESCH) and delivers it rapidly to the marketplace.
- Recycles and Reprocesses all batteries and cells it produces to minimise environmental impact.
- Rooftop solar farm generates more than 80% of the facilities total power needs.
- Construction expected completion 2020